Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Whole Brain Teaching-  I am so intrigued!  I watched a three minute video of a teacher using their management skills last night.  Today in my classroom I used what I had learned.  It was amazing!  I had complete control of everyone in the room.  I even had a teacher walk in and give my rowdy class a complement.  My favorite Whole Brain Teaching technique is 'Mirror' and 'Teach-ok'.  (even though what I was doing was similar, the students responded so positively to the new words and organization of the techniques)

I used my 'I can' statement and had an even more engaging lesson with these new techniques.


Photobucket

While I was reviewing this chart.  The students repeated what I was saying.  When we were done reviewing, each student turned to their partner and became the teacher.  I had every student in the room sharing at a high-level of engagement.  I was so proud of them.  It was a great start to the lesson.  I plan on using the 'Mirror' and 'Teach-ok' techniques everyday to review and introduce new information.  I can't wait to try it with my grammar lesson tomorrow!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment