Thursday, March 15, 2012

Camp Write Along-   Day 1, 2, 3, 4

Camp Write Along was a success.  It was such a great way to keep my students entertained while practicing for the writing portion of the LEAP.  I sat my students down each morning and we practiced our Writing Hokey Pokey.  Writing Hokey Pokey was a great song that reminded the students of what they needed to include in their compositions.  The first day we read scary stories to get the students excited to write the prompt: Write about a time that you were scared of someone or something.   The students only used their time to brainstorm and organize their papers.   They wrote rough drafts at home.


Day 2 the students read a Patricia Polacco book, The Junkyard Wonders.

This story was great for the writing prompt: Write about a time that you were proud of something you made.  Their stories were great.  Also a huge plus was that because of this book I didn't have any students say,"I've never made anything I've been proud of before."

>













Day three we read Jumanji.  We also brainstormed and organized our compositions.  The writing topic was... One time you found a cart of bananas in the middle of the road.  Where did they come from?  Who put them there?   What did you do with them when you found them?  Now write about the time you found a cart full of bananas in the middle of the road.








Day four was the most productive, and I hope beneficial.  Watch my EDITORS go to work!




Photobucket



Photobucket>



Photobucket>

Photobucket>

No comments:

Post a Comment