Monday, May 7, 2012

My friend Jamie had a great idea for some everyday writing.  I sometimes feel stuck always writing for one purpose.  There was times in the last few years where other types of writing were not practiced through out the whole year.  I felt like they were forgotten.  My students are masters at writing personal narratives, but I did't feel quite as confident about other types of writings until now.


There are five centers: Letter Writing, Persuasive Writing, Journal Writing (Personal Narratives), Article Writing, Fictional Writing.

Of course each of these centers are not all done each day, but one every morning to start our day.  By Friday we have  written in each style.  Since it is after LEAP, we have also been making (their choice) one writing into a final copy.  Here are the anchor charts I use:

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment